Is it just me, or is there something similar about watermelon and fresh cut grass? Their fresh sweetness reminds me of pure summer joy. Since eating fresh cut grass is not really an option, I consume this joy in the form of watermelon only. Enter watermelon milkshakes.
Several decades ago my family dined occasionally at a Spanish restaurant in St. Augustine, Florida. My brother and I never forgot the scrumptious watermelon milkshakes we were treated to on those evenings. Recently, I tried to
recapture my youth recreate the experience, and I have to say my version of this treat is rather divine.
Since I loathe loooooooong recipes posts where bloggers tell me about all sorts of things that aren’t the recipe I came for, I will get right to it. And I just want to say if the thought of watermelon and dairy makes you cringe, just TRY IT. You won’t be sorry.
- Fill your blender with 2-4c. watermelon chunks. (I loooooove my refurbished Vitamix. I coveted it for years and it’s totally worth the investment. Get yours here from this affiliate link!)
- Add a handful of ice cubes.
- Add about 1/2 c. whole milk, half & half, or coconut milk.
- If you have a sweet tooth, feel free to add a few teaspoons of maple syrup, honey, or stevia.
- Serve with a straw. And since we’re all trying to reduce single-use plastic, you can get some sweet stainless steel straws here (<- affiliate link).
That’s it. It’s hard to get it wrong. Seriously amazing. You’re welcome.